Advertisements


ABS-CBN posted income of P808 million in first 3 months

ABS-CBN posted income of P808 million in first 3 months.....»»

Category: financeSource: thestandard thestandardMay 16th, 2019

Durant, Irving make Nets the talk of the town in New York

By Brian Mahoney, Associated Press NEW YORK (AP) — Just three seasons ago, the Brooklyn Nets were the worst team in the NBA. On Sunday (Monday, PHL time), they were the story of the league. They agreed to deals with superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving as part of a sensational start to free agency, giving the longtime No. 2 team in New York top billing in the Big Apple. They landed two of the top players available, both perennial All-Stars and NBA champions, and they weren't finished. They also added center DeAndre Jordan, who played with Durant and Irving on the 2016 U.S. Olympic team that won the gold medal, and veteran swingman Garrett Temple. It was such a powerful victory that the crosstown Knicks even put out a statement acknowledging their fans' disappointment, just three hours after shopping season had started. And it was even more remarkable given where the Nets were not long ago. An ill-fated trade with Boston in 2013, when the Nets acquired Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in hopes of competing for a championship but didn't even get out of the second round, cost them years of high draft picks and contributed to them becoming the worst team in the league. They bottomed out at 20-62 in 2016-17, when Durant won NBA Finals MVP in his first season with Golden State after the Warriors beat Irving's Cleveland Cavaliers for the title. Now those players will try to win one together. Irving, who grew up in New Jersey, said in a video posted Monday (Tuesday, PHL time) by his representation at Roc Nation Sports that he always wanted to play back home. Part of the video was shot with Irving on the Brooklyn Bridge. "I wouldn't change anything about this journey, at all," Irving said. "It's brought me back here and that's home, and home is where my family is. Home is where I want my legacy to continue. And, I'm happy to be in Brooklyn." .@KyrieIrving is home. pic.twitter.com/usvbxqkyZA — Roc Nation Sports (@RocNationSports) July 1, 2019 Roc Nation, which announced Sunday (Monday, PHL time) it is now representing Irving, said he had agreed to a four-year, maximum contract. Official: Kyrie Irving has agreed to a four-year maximum contract with the Brooklyn Nets. pic.twitter.com/bI7e09D9k6 — Roc Nation Sports (@RocNationSports) July 1, 2019 He might have to wait a year to play with Durant, who could miss next season while recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon. But with Irving taking controls of the offense and a promising young core around him, the Nets should be a playoff team, even while Durant recovers. The Nets got back to the playoffs last season after going 42-40, stamping themselves as a team on the rise. Brooklyn might be able to keep rising all the way to the top after Sunday's moves. Even after winning titles in his first two seasons with the Warriors, there was season-long speculation that Durant might leave. But much of that speculation had been focused on the Knicks, who had more than $70 million and the ability to sign two top free agents after trading Kristaps Porzingis during the season. Right city, but wrong team. The Nets felt confident with what they could offer, from their roster, to their medical staff, to their facilities. And when they made a cap-clearing trade last month, they became even more attractive by freeing up salary to bring in two stars. Irving wasn't expected to be one of them a few months ago, after he'd said last fall he planned to re-sign in Boston. But despite his good stats it was a bad season for him with the Celtics, who were considered an Eastern Conference favorite but instead lost in the second round. Irving became frustrated and reconsidered his plans, deciding his future was not in Boston, but in Brooklyn. Now he'll play for the team he watched while growing up in New Jersey, where the Nets played before moving to Barclays Center in 2012. Even when the Nets had better teams, the Knicks still got more attention and it sometimes felt as if they would always be the marquee team in the city. That changed Sunday (Monday, PHL time) in a New York minute. The Nets were not only the talk of the town but of the whole league, and when the Knicks were shut out early on, they took the rare step of commenting about their situation. "While we understand that some Knicks fans could be disappointed with tonight's news, we continue to be upbeat and confident in our plans to rebuild the Knicks to compete for championships in the future, through the draft, targeted free agents and continuing to build around our core of young players," Knicks President Steve Mills said in a statement. The Knicks eventually agreed to deals with forwards Julius Randle, Taj Gibson and Bobby Portis, so they did get something. Just nowhere near as much as the Nets......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2019

Alsons posted net income of P104.36m in first 3 months

Alsons posted net income of P104.36m in first 3 months.....»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 21st, 2019

Megawide 1st quarter profit drops 49% to P239M

Construction Megawide Construction Corp. posted an attributable net profit of P239.25 million in the first three months, down by 49.6 percent year-on-year due to a decline in contract revenues. The po.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMay 16th, 2019

Megaworld’s profit up 18% to P4.1b in 1Q 2019

PROPERTY giant Megaworld, the country’s pioneer and largest developer of townships, saw its net income grow by 18% to P4.1-billion in the first quarter of 2019 from P3.5-billion during the same period last year. Excluding a non-recurring gain of about P189-million in the first three months of 2019, the company saw a 13% growth in […] The post Megaworld’s profit up 18% to P4.1b in 1Q 2019 appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 15th, 2019

GERI, Emperador post higher earnings in Q1

Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (GERI), an integrated tourism and leisure estates developer owned by tycoon Andrew Tan, posted a net income of P477 million in the first quarter, up 41 percent year-on-year......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 15th, 2019

PXP Energy reverts to profitability in Q1

Upstream oil and gas firm PXP Energy Corp. posted a net income of P11.1 million in the first quarter, a reversal of the P3.7 million loss incurred in the same period a year ago......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 8th, 2019

FIFA to expand World Cup to 48 teams in 2026

GRAHAM DUNBAR, AP Sports Writer br /> ZURICH (AP) — FIFA will expand the World Cup to 48 teams, adding 16 extra nations to the 2026 tournament which is likely to be held in North America. President Gianni Infantino's favored plan — for 16 three-team groups with the top two advancing to a round of 32 — was unanimously approved Tuesday by the FIFA Council. It meets Infantino's election pledge of a bigger World Cup, and should help fund promised raises for FIFA's 211 member federations. With 80 matches instead of 64, FIFA forecasts the equivalent of $1 billion extra income at current rates from broadcasting and sponsor deals, plus ticket sales, compared to $5.5 billion revenue forecast for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. FIFA projects an increased profit of $640 million despite some extra operating costs and prize money for teams. FIFA's six continents should find out by May how many extra places they will each get. UEFA wants 16 European teams at the tournament, which is strongly favored to be played in North America. The CONCACAF region has not hosted the World Cup since the 1994 tournament in the United States. American, Canadian and Mexican soccer leaders have had informal talks about a co-hosting bid. Africa and Asia could be winners in a bigger World Cup with up to nine places each. They had only five and four teams, respectively, at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Still, FIFA said it expects the standard of soccer to drop compared to the 32-team format locked in for the next two World Cups in Russia and Qatar. The 'absolute quality' of play, defined by high-ranked teams facing each other most often, is achieved by 32 teams, FIFA acknowledged in a research document sent to members last month. It made 10,000 tournament simulations to reach that conclusion. Instead, Infantino wants to create fervor and months of anticipation back home in the 16 extra nations which would qualify, some probably making their World Cup debut. FIFA has pointed to Costa Rica, Wales and Iceland as examples of teams which overachieved at recent tournaments. FIFA must break with soccer tradition to make its new format work after an original 48-team plan — with an opening playoff round sending 16 'one-and-done' teams home early — was unpopular. Instead, three-team groups will replace the usual groups of four to create simple progress to a knockout bracket. However, it leaves one team idle for final group games and could risk collusion between the other two teams. FIFA said it could guard against result-rigging by introducing penalty shootouts after group games that end in draws. Despite the 16 extra games, FIFA believes the current maximum of stadiums needed will stay at the 12 used by Brazil and Russia. However, the demand for more training bases and hotels means developed countries would be better equipped to win future hosting contests. North America is the strong favorite for 2026 because European and Asian countries are blocked by a FIFA rule excluding continents which hosted either of the two previous tournaments. Russia will host the World Cup next year and Qatar in 2022. South America has been focused on a centenary tournament including original 1930 host Uruguay, and African nations are seen as lacking existing capacity and unlikely to fund multi-billion dollar infrastructure spending. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 10th, 2017

Anchor Land income rises 10% in 9 months

MANILA, Philippines – Anchor Land Holdings Inc. reported a 10.19 percent growth in net income in the nine months to September to P409.08 million......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 14th, 2016

JG Summit posts 44% income growth

MANILA, Philippines – JG Summit Holdings Inc.  posted a consolidated net income of P23.25 billion in the first nine months of the year, 44 percent higher tha.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 16th, 2016

SBS profit surges to P974.8 M in 9 months

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino-owned chemical distributor SBS Philippines Corp.’s net income surged to P974.8 million in nine months to September from P110.9.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 13th, 2016

GERI earns P754 M, up 41% in 9 months

MANILA, Philippines - Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (GERI) grew its net income by 41 percent to P754 million in the nine months to September......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 11th, 2016

Apex Mining profit grows nearly 4-fold in 9 months

MANILA, Philippines - Apex Mining Co. Inc. reported a consolidated net income of P291 million in the nine months to September this year......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 10th, 2016

SMC’s profit jumps to P43b

Conglomerate San Miguel Corp. said Thursday net income in the first nine-months of the year jumped 125 percent to P42.9 billion from P19.08 billion year-on-year, as all the core businesses posted double digit growth in terms of operating income......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 10th, 2016

RFM profit up 9% in 9 months

MANILA, Philippines – RFM Corp., reported a net income of P683 million in the first nine months of the year, nine percent higher than the same period last ye.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 18th, 2016

RFM profits rise 9% to P683 million

Food and beverage company RFM Corporation reported a 9 percent improvement in net income to R683 million for the first nine months of 2016 compared to the same period last year......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 18th, 2016

Polloc freeport reports increase in revenue

Cotabato City: The Polloc Freeport and Ecozone in Maguindanao hit a new record high in revenues with a net income of almost P19 million within the first seven months of the year. The figure is 33.5 percent higher than its total income in 2015 of P12.6 mil.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsAug 18th, 2016

Finance: PBCom profit down in first half

PHILIPPINE BANK of Communications (PBCom) posted a P57.871-million net income in the first half of the year on the back of higher income from recurring business activities......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsAug 15th, 2016

Election spending boosts 7-Eleven income

MANILA, Philippines Philippine Seven Corporation , the local franchise holder of convenience store chain 7-Eleven, saw its net income for the first 6 months of the year grow by 32.5% to P472.3 million, boosted by election-related spending and aggre.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 18th, 2016

Lowry s British Open win caps off big year in majors

By Doug Ferguson, Associated Press PORTRUSH, Northern Ireland (AP) — Winning the British Open didn't sink in right away for Shane Lowry. It apparently didn't take long. A celebration that began on the 18th fairway of Royal Portrush extended well into the night in Dublin. The European Tour posted a video on Twitter of Lowry, still dressed in all black from his final round with his cap flipped back. He was holding the claret jug in his right hand and a beer in his left as he belted out "The Fields of Athenry," an Irish folk ballad that has become popular for Irish sports fans. About last night...@ShaneLowryGolf #TheOpen pic.twitter.com/zdXW66yetz — The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) July 22, 2019 It might as well have been a celebration for all the majors this year. Nothing could top Tiger Woods in the Masters, which dwarfed an otherwise four-month stretch of compelling outcomes. Brooks Koepka had a major season not seen since before Woods began having surgeries, and the run is not over. He joined Woods as the only back-to-back PGA Championship winners in stroke play. He had chances in the final hour at the Masters and U.S. Open. And he was three strokes behind going into the weekend at the British Open, where he wound up in a distant tie for fourth. Thanks to the PGA Championship moving from August to May, all Koepka has done in the last 12 months is win two majors, finish runner-up in two others and tie for fourth. Along the way, he joined some elite company. Koepka, Woods, Jordan Spieth and Jack Nicklaus are the only players to finish no worse than fourth in all four majors in the same year. "This week is disappointing, but the rest of them ... it's been great," Koepka said Sunday. "I'm not going to lie. It's been fun." Lowry and Gary Woodland were first-time major champions, making it five straight years of at least two players winning majors for the first time. Their victories were special in their own right. Already popular with his peers, Woodland won over golf fans around the world with his gracious support of Amy Bockerstette, the 20-year-old with Down syndrome who played one hole with him in the Phoenix Open pro-am and made par from a bunker on the 16th hole. She also inspired him with three words that he kept thinking about in the final round of the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach: "You got this." Lowry wrote the perfect ending to the return of the British Open to Northern Ireland after 68 years. Sure, the focus of a sellout crowd at Royal Portrush was on Rory McIlroy, Graeme McDowell and Darren Clarke at the start. But as Lowry so beautifully and simply said when his name was on the claret jug, "Everyone knows we're all one country when it comes to golf." Woods should win anyone's award for best performance, even in the year of a World Cup when England's victory in cricket was amazing. It just doesn't seem that way. Rewind to April and find Woods trailing by two shots going into the final round of the Masters, a position from which he has never won. It had been two years since he suggested at the Champions Dinner he was done, only to fly across the Atlantic in a desperate search for help before realizing fusion surgery — the fourth procedure on his lower back — was the only route to a healthy life. Then he capped off his comeback with a flawless back nine to win a fifth green jacket and a 15th major, three short of the record set by Nicklaus. And then he took a month off and missed the cut at the PGA Championship. He tied for 21st in the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, but only because of six birdies on his last 12 holes. He took a vacation to Thailand, spent a month away from golf and then missed the cut in the British Open. It was a reminder that while Woods is able to win on the biggest stage — none bigger than Augusta National — he also has weeks where his back or his game, and sometimes both, don't allow him to contend. "Things are different," he said before leaving Portrush. "And I'm going to have my hot weeks. I'm going to be there in contention with a chance to win, and I will win tournaments. But there are times when I'm just not going to be there." It doesn't look great now. It will later. Golf now waits nearly nine months until the next major. The longer the year goes on, the stronger memories will be of what he did at the Masters far more than the other three. If there was disappointment, look no further than McIlroy, who finished a combined 25 shots behind in the Masters, PGA Championship and U.S. Open, and lasted only two days at Royal Portrush. Ditto for Dustin Johnson, still stuck on one major, which stings even more considering he had a pair of runner-up finishes. A generation ago, Colin Montgomerie said it was tough to win majors because of Woods, which meant fewer opportunities for everyone else. That's truer now than it was then. Spieth has gone two years without winning anything. Justin Thomas was slowed by injury. It's tough to win. Tougher still is waiting 263 days from the end of the British Open to the start of the Masters......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated News8 hr. 23 min. ago

Philippines vehicle production falls most in Asean

Motor vehicle production in the Philippines continued to fall behind the rest of Southeast Asia as it posted the biggest decline in output at 29.5 percent in the five months to May this year......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2019