Advertisements


649 cops facing charges in R-XI

DAVAO CITY, Aug. 8 (PIA)-- A total of 649 police personnel had been recorded to be facing administrative charges since 2016 up to July 2018, as the Police Regional XI conducts house cleaning regularly.....»»

Category: newsSource: manilanews manilanewsAug 10th, 2018

Gov’t Offers P500k for Info on Peter Lim’s Whereabouts

The government has put up a bounty on fugitive businessman and alleged drug lord Peter Lim, who is facing drug charges in a Makati court, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Friday. “The government is also ready to give a reward of PHP500,000 to anyone who can give information on the exact whereabouts of accused Peter […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Cash reward out for info on Peter Lim s location

The Department of Justice is offering cash reward for anyone who can help locate businessman Peter Lim, who is facing arrest for drug charges......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 14th, 2018

Pasig cops nab man for blackmailing teen with sex video

A 27-year-old man was arrested on robbery-extortion charges for threatening to show a recorded video of his sexual interaction with a 19-year-old girl he met online, police reported Tuesday. The su.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 12th, 2018

Negros Occidental town vice mayor, husband surrender

The vice mayor of Moises Padilla town in Negros Occidental and her husband, who are facing charges for illegal possession of firearms and explosives, surrendered yesterday. Source link link: Negros Occidental town vice mayor, husband surrender.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsSep 11th, 2018

Cop tagged in fiscal’s murder now in custody

One of the policemen facing charges for the murder of Quezon City assistant city prosecutor Rogelio Velasco was placed under restrictive custody......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 11th, 2018

Negros Occidental town vice mayor, husband surrender

The vice mayor of Moises Padilla town in Negros Occidental and her husband, who are facing charges for illegal possession of firearms and explosives, surrendered yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 11th, 2018

Negros Occidental vice mayor, husband surrender

Vice mayor Ella Garcia-Yulo of Moises Padilla town in Negros Occidental and her husband Felix Mathias Yulo, who are facing charges of illegal possession of explosives and illegal possession of firearms and ammunition, surrendered to Chief Supt. John Bulalacao, Western Visayas regional director, on Tuesday. The two were charged before the La Carlota City Regional [...] The post Negros Occidental vice mayor, husband surrender appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 11th, 2018

Cops tagged in murder

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra yesterday said murder charges will be filed against three policemen and eight others for the killing of deputy prosecutor a few months ago in Quezon City (QC). With the filing of the charges, Guevarra declared as solved the murder of QC Deputy City Prosecutor Rogelio Velasco through the efforts of the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 10th, 2018

NBI files murder raps vs cops over killing of QC fiscal

Three policemen are facing murder raps over the death of Quezon City Prosecutor Rogelio Velasco, the National Bureau of Investigation said on Monday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 10th, 2018

3 cops face charges in boy& apos;s death - Tempo

3 cops face charges in boy's death - Tempo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 4th, 2018

Lawyer of bizman in viral video says cops ‘planted incriminating evidence’

Businessman Arnold Aquino Padilla will file criminal and administrative charges against some policemen who raided his family’s house last Friday for allegedly planting “incriminating evidence” against him, his lawyer said Saturday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 25th, 2018

Lawyer of bizman in viral video says cops ‘planted incriminating evidence’

Businessman Arnold Aquino Padilla will file criminal and administrative charges against some policemen who raided his family’s house last Friday for allegedly planting “incriminating evidence” against him, his lawyer said Saturday. Source link link: Lawyer of bizman in viral video says cops ‘planted incriminating evidence’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsAug 25th, 2018

Testimonies of cops in Kian delos Santos slay ‘inconsistent’

State prosecutors noticed inconsistencies in the defense of the accused police officers facing trial for the murder of 17-year-old Kian delos Santos......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2018

Ohio St suspends Meyer for 3 games for mishandled abuse case

By Mitch Stacy, Associated Press COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State on Wednesday night suspended head football coach Urban Meyer three games for mishandling domestic violence accusations, punishing one of the sport's most prominent leaders for keeping an assistant on staff for several years after the coach's wife accused him of abuse. The move followed a two-week investigation into how Meyer reacted to accusations that former Buckeyes assistant Zach Smith abused his ex-wife, Courtney Smith. Zach Smith was fired last month after she asked a judge for a protective order. Courtney Smith alleged her husband shoved her against a wall and put his hands around her neck in 2015. The university put Meyer on paid leave and began an investigation after Courtney Smith spoke out publicly, sharing text messages and photos she traded in 2015 with Meyer's wife, Shelley Meyer. Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and instructor at Ohio State. Trustees discussed the decision to punish Meyer in a marathon meeting Wednesday while Meyer awaited the decision. The investigation prompted a tweet from Meyer in which he insisted he followed proper protocols after learning of the 2015 accusations. But he also acknowledged lying to reporters a week earlier when he said he hadn't heard of the incident until shortly before he fired Zach Smith. The probe directly centered on the question of what Meyer knew and when. Meyer said in his tweet that he always elevated issues through the proper channels, and did so with the Smith situation in 2015. That contradicted what he told reporters at Big Ten media day a week earlier: "I was never told about anything and nothing ever came to light. I've never had a conversation about it. I know nothing about it." Speaking after the investigation was announced, Zach Smith said he spoke with Meyer at the time and athletic director Gene Smith also knew about the allegations. Zach Smith said Meyer told him he would be fired if the head coach found out Smith had hit his wife. Zach Smith — the grandson of late Ohio State coach and Meyer mentor Earle Bruce — has never been criminally charged or convicted of abuse. He has a charge of criminal trespass pending, and the Smiths are due in court next month for a hearing on a restraining order Courtney Smith was granted July 20. Meyer was heading into his seventh season at Ohio State, where he is 73-8 with a national title in 2014 and two Big Ten Conference championships. Ohio State's Title IX sexual misconduct policy includes reporting allegations of domestic violence made against university employees. Violating that policy allows Meyer to be fired with cause, according to provisions placed in his contract when it was extended in April by two years. The deal through 2022, increasing Meyer's salary to $7.6 million in 2018, with annual 6 percent raises. Meyer had about $38 million left on his contract. Ohio State's season starts Sept. 1 with a game against Oregon State in Columbus. In 2009, Zach Smith was accused of aggravated battery on his pregnant wife while he was working a graduate assistant for Meyer at Florida. The charge was dropped because of insufficient evidence. The Smiths separated in June 2015 and divorced in 2016. Meyer is one of the most accomplished coaches in college football history, with three national championships and a 177-31 record in 16 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State, the team he grew up rooting for in Northeast Ohio. Meyer won national championships with Florida in 2006 and '08, but his teams also had more than two dozen players get into trouble with the law. He resigned twice at Florida, citing health reasons, first in the 2009 season after the Gators lost the Southeastern Conference championship game while trying to repeat as national champs. He changed his mind soon after and coached another season. The Gators went 8-5 in 2010, and afterward, Meyer stepped down for good. Meyer was out of coaching for a season but was hired by Ohio State in November 2011. The Buckeyes had fired Jim Tressel, another national championship-winning coach, before that season for lying to the NCAA and university about rules violation committed by some of his players. Since returning to coaching, Meyer's program has been one of the most dominant in college football, and his players have mostly stayed out of major trouble. Meyer faced some criticism in 2013 for allowing running back Carlos Hyde to return to the team after he was charged with striking a woman in a bar. The case was dropped by police when the woman chose not to pursue charges, but Hyde was suspended three games. The Meyer investigation cost $500,000 and was conducted by the national law firm Debevoise & Plimpton. Ohio State began investigating Meyer while also facing three federal lawsuits about its response to allegations of groping, leering and other misconduct by a deceased athletic department doctor who treated wrestlers and other students for two decades. The lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by Dr. Richard Strauss say Ohio State facilitated the abuse by ignoring complaints. Since Ohio State announced an independent investigation in April, more than 100 former students have come forward with accounts of sexual misconduct by Strauss. The allegations range from 1979 to 1997 and involve male athletes from 14 sports, as well as his work at the student health center and his off-campus medical office......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2018

‘Pimp’ falls in drug buy-bust

By: Gail T. Momblan A 26-YEAR-OLD “pimp” is facing charges of illegal drug dealing after he was caught in a drug buy-bust operation early morning of August 22, 2018. Nolan “Ato” Nolasco of Barangay Wilson, City Proper, Iloilo City was arrested after he sold a sachet of suspected shabu to a police poseur-buyer. The transaction was […] The post ‘Pimp’ falls in drug buy-bust appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2018

Grocery thieves caught with marijuana in Isabela town

MALLIG, ISABELA - Three suspects, who allegedly drove away with stolen grocery items, ended up facing additional drug charges when they were caught with marijuana on Tuesday (Aug. 21) in Santa Maria town, according to Senior Inspector Loreto Infante, Mallig police chief. Lourdes Yaneza, 64, and Jojo Yaneza, 42, from San Carlos City, and Vilma Dela Cruz, 43, from Dagupan City, in Pangasinan province, were recorded by security cameras taking out groceries from the store of Ernesto Adriosula, 59, of Barangay (village) Centro 2. They sped off in a green car. Alerted, the police gave chase and caught them. When the police searched the vehicle, they found three bricks of marijuana. Vi...Keep on reading: Grocery thieves caught with marijuana in Isabela town.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2018

Gordon: & apos;Cops who jailed lawyers could face charges& apos; - Inquirer.net

Gordon: 'Cops who jailed lawyers could face charges' - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsAug 20th, 2018

Sandigan suspends Antique town mayor

The Sandiganbayan has ordered the suspension for 90 days of Mayor Genevive Lim-Reyes of Caluya town in Antique in connection with the charges she is facing over the alleged illegal cutting of coconut trees in 2014......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 19th, 2018

Videos show arrest of lawyers in Makati bar raid

MANILA, Philippines – While  the 3 lawyers detained by Makati cops  after monitoring a bar raid are already  free , their fight with the police is not yet over. Lawyers Jan Vincent Soliven, Lenie Rocel Rocha, and Romulo Bernard Alarkon of the Desierto & Desierto law firm are still facing complaints from cops, one of which ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 18th, 2018

Hold departure order out vs Peter Lim

A Makati court on Friday issued a hold departure order against Peter Lim, a Cebu-based businessman facing drug charges. Source link link: Hold departure order out vs Peter Lim.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsAug 17th, 2018