Advertisements


6 held for gambling

CAMP Malvar, Batangas -- Six persons were collared while playing tong-its in Bgy. Poblacion 8, Taal, provincial chief PIO Senior Insp. Hazel P. Luma-ang Suarez said the other day. Batangas director Senior Supt. Alden Bacarra Delvo identified the suspects as Regie Matira Abella, 39, construction worker; Meynard Maligaya Mendoza, 40;….....»»

Category: newsSource: journal journalApr 10th, 2018

31 Chinese held for online gambling

The National Bureau of Investigation arrested 31 Chinese allegedly involved in online gambling in Muntinlupa City on Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 27th, 2018

Watchdog: Gangs preying on Chinese tourists

An anti-crime watchdog yesterday aired its alarm over cases of Chinese tourists who were duped into gambling and then held by Chinese syndicates until the victims’ relatives paid their gambling debts......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 1st, 2018

2 men, minor held for gambling, possession of prohibited drugs - Manila Bulletin

2 men, minor held for gambling, possession of prohibited drugs - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsApr 28th, 2018

6 held for gambling

CAMP Malvar, Batangas -- Six persons were collared while playing tong-its in Bgy. Poblacion 8, Taal, provincial chief PIO Senior Insp. Hazel P. Luma-ang Suarez said the other day. Batangas director Senior Supt. Alden Bacarra Delvo identified the suspects as Regie Matira Abella, 39, construction worker; Meynard Maligaya Mendoza, 40;….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 10th, 2018

20 held for cockfight

TWENTY persons were arrested for holding an illegal cockfight in Pasig City during an anti-gambling operation on Friday. Reports submitted to Eastern Police District (EPD) director Chief Supt. Reynaldo Biay said arrested were Antonio Jimenez, 50; Clier Labrador, 38; Joenel Mangyao, 27; Rocel Jimenez, 20; Romeo Rodero, 64; Danny Boy….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 31st, 2018

12 held for shabu, illegal gambling in Pampanga

CITY of San Fernando, Pampanga -- A dozen suspected drug pushers, including the top seven wanted drug personality of Mabalacat City, were apprehended in police operations all over the province the other day. Senior Supt. Joel Consulta, Pampanga police acting director, identified the ranking drug personality as Aladin de Leon,….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2018

FAIR OR CASINO?: Gambling in ferias illegal – DILG

BARANGAY officials will be held accountable if they tolerate gambling in their villages or in events they organize, such as the Jaro Agro-Industrial Fair in Iloilo City. Lawyer Ferdinand Panes, Department of the Interior and Local Government-Iloilo City director, issued the warning following reports of betting in some feria games in Jaro Agro-Industrial Fair. The […] The post FAIR OR CASINO?: Gambling in ferias illegal – DILG appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJan 20th, 2018

ISIS claims London terror attacks that killed 7; police arrest 12 in raids – Fox News

The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the latest London terror attack through its propaganda wing Amaq News Agency, the SITE intelligence group reported Sunday. The terror network reportedly claimed a &'8220;detachment&'8221; of its fighters crashed a rented van into a crowd of people on London Bridge before going on a stabbing rampage Saturday night, killing seven people and wounding nearly 50 others. However, ISIS gave no evidence to back up its claim. Earlier on Sunday, British Prime Minister Theresa May condemned the “evil ideology” behind the London attacks. May addressed the attacks Sunday after a meeting of the government’s COBRA emergency committee. She called for a tougher stance against extremists and tougher controls on cyberspace to prevent its use by extremists. She said the measures were needed because “terrorism breeds terrorism” and attackers copy each other. Counterterrorism police carried out raids in east London and arrested 12 people in connection with the attacks. &'8220;Searches of a number of addresses in Barking are continuing,&'8221; London Metro Police said as the raids were being conducted. The homes raided included one belonging to one of the three terrorists who carried out the attacks, Sky News reported. &'8220;He's lived here for about three years,&'8221; neighbor Damien Pettit said. &'8220;He's one of our neighbors. I've said hello in passing more than 50, 60 occasions. He has two young kids. He was a very nice guy.&'8221; ISIS has claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in recent years &'8212; but police have pushed back in some instances. The terror network announced it was behind the deadly attack on a casino and shopping complex in the Philippines last Friday &'8212; but Manila police said the killer was a Filipino gambling addict heavily in debt, with no terror links. Saturday’s horror began around 10 p.m. local time when a white van veered off the road and barreled into pedestrians on London Bridge. The van’s three occupants then jumped out with large knives and attacked people at bars and restaurants in nearby Borough Market, police said. Elizabeth O’Neill said her son was stabbed in the stomach by a man who approached him and yelled “this is for Islam.” Daniel O’Neill, 23, suffered a 7-inch knife wound, she said, according to Sky News. He was recovering. &'8220;He had just stepped outside the bar for a second and a man ran up to him and said 'this is for my family, this is for Islam' and stuck a knife straight in him,” the mother said. Gerard Vowles, 47, told local media that he saw the three attackers stabbing a woman at the south end of London Bridge. He said he threw chairs, glasses and bottles at the attackers in a bid to stop them. &'8220;They went 'this is for Allah' and then they just started stabbing her multiple times,” he told Sky News. The Guardian quoted Vowles as saying, “They kept coming to try to stab me. They were stabbing everyone. Evil, evil people.” He added, according to the paper, &'8220;I want to know if this girl is still alive. I've been walking around for an hour and a half crying my eyes out. I don't know what to do.&'8221; Brad Myers, an American vacationing in London, told “Fox &'38; Friends” Sunday that he had just taken some pictures and was about to walk along the Thames River when he heard a noise. “Then I saw the van come on to the pavement and continue along the side of the road just right where I was a few moments before, just mowing down pedestrians,” he said. “Everyone was in shock,” he said. What he saw reminded him of the truck attack in Nice, France. “It’s crazy to think I was right there,” Myers said. Eight police officers killed the attackers after arriving on the scene within eight minutes. The officers fired 50 shots, London's assistant police commissioner Mark Rowley said at a press briefing Sunday, calling the number unprecedented. One of the bullets struck an innocent bystander. The person was recovering in a hospital. Rowley said that the officers had no choice. &'8220;The situation these officers were confronted with was critical &'' a matter of life and death &'' three armed men, wearing what appeared to be suicide belts, had already attacked and killed members of the public and had to be stopped immediately,&'8221; he said. It turned out the suicide belts were fake. Rowley said the van had been rented recently by one of the attackers. May said 48 people were injured and many had life-threatening injuries. Thirty-six remained hospitalized Sunday. A courageous cop was one of the wounded. He confronted the three knife-wielding terrorists armed only with a baton. He was stabbed in the face, head and a leg. He was in stable condition. British Transport Police Chief Constable Paul Crowther said of the officer that &'8220;it became clear that he showed enormous courage in the face of danger.&'8221; Crowther added that &'8220;for an officer who only joined us less than two years ago, the bravery he showed was outstanding and makes me extremely proud.&'8221; Those killed included a Canadian and a French national. May said the Thursday's national election would be held as scheduled because &'8220;violence can never be allowed to disrupt the democratic process.&'8221; Major parties suspended national campaigning Sunday out of respect for the victims. Speaking to Fox News from London, Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly said the latest [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsJun 5th, 2017

25 Koreans in scam, gambling ring held - Inquirer.net

25 Koreans in scam, gambling ring held - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsMay 20th, 2017

38 Chinese held for illegal gambling

MANILA, Philippines -  Thirty-eight more Chinese men were arrested yesterday for alleged illegal online gambling at the Bataan Freeport Zone (BFZ)......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 19th, 2017

More upsets in MPBL as Laguna takes shine off Manila

It was another night of upsets and a couple of record-setting feats last Wednesday at in the 2018 Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League Anta-Datu Cup. Two players were able to shatter feats in rebounding even as Laguna became the latest giant slayer in the while Davao Occidental continued its winning ways. Michael Mabulac shattered a seven-month record held by Gian Abrigo for most rebounds by any player in an MPBL game while also helping steer the Laguna Heroes to a 74-68 triumph over powerhouse Manila Stars. It was the third straight win by the Heroes who improved their win-loss record to 5-3 to move up to third spot in the Southern Division. This is also the third straight game a lower-ranked squads were able to shock their fancied rivals and commissioner Kenneth Duremdes said the games are becoming more exciting because of the unpredictability of the results. “You can’t count out all teams yet. Wala pa tayo sa halfway stretch ng tournament. Yung iba, nag-peak early, while yung iba naman, lately lang nagpi-peak,” wrote Duremdes in an online message. “That’s the beauty of our single round robin.” Mabulac grabbed 21 rebounds to break the 20 set by Abrigo seven months ago while playing for the Quezon City Capitals. The former reserve player of San Miguel Beer in the PBA also ended up with 15 points to complete a double-double performance. But Mabulac’s feat lasted for only two hours as his newly-recorded feat was broken right away by fellow ex-pro Mark Yee, who powered the Davao Occidental Tigers to a 68-61 triumph over Pasay.   Yee came away with his own double-double performance, scoring 16 points and pulling down 24 rebounds to set a new mark for most rebounds by any player in a game. His heroics catapulted the Tigers to their third straight win and moved them up to second place of the Southern Division with a 6-3 card......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated News6 hr. 9 min. ago

Fewer families fell victim to common crimes in Q2– SWS

MANILA, Philippines – Around 1.2 million families fell victim to common crimes in the second quarter of the year, according to a Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey released on Thursday, September 20. The results of the Second Quarter 2018 Social Weather Survey held from June 27 to 30 showed that  5.3% of ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News7 hr. 43 min. ago

Lanao Sur board member, councilor held for drugs

Two officials of this province were arrested in a drug raid in Iligan City on Tuesday. Source link link: Lanao Sur board member, councilor held for drugs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated News12 hr. 9 min. ago

AOTCA and the Ulaanbatar Declaration of Tax Professionals

The Asia-Oceana Tax Consultants’ Association (AOTCA) International Tax Conference held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia just concluded on September 13, 2018. Panels of international speakers from various jurisdictions spoke on the history, challenges, development and other aspects of tax avoidance and general anti-tax avoidance rules (GAARs) in their various jurisdictions. The conference, attended by over 300 tax [...] The post AOTCA and the Ulaanbatar Declaration of Tax Professionals appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated News14 hr. 55 min. ago

Lanao Sur board member, councilor held for drugs

Two officials of this province were arrested in a drug raid in Iligan City on Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News17 hr. 42 min. ago

PBA: Phoenix takes down Meralco for solo third

Phoenix finally ended a long drought in an import-laden conference against Meralco with a 96-86 victory Friday to move up at solo third in the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup at the Big Dome. The Fuel Masters kept their fire burning with their second straight win for a 4-1 win-loss record and first victory over the Bolts in a reinforced tournament in six meetings. “Before the game lumapit sa akin si (statistician) Fidel (Mangonon) di pa raw kami nananalo with an import against Meralco. So sinabi ko sa team before the game para added motivation and si Eugene (Phelps) medyo na-inspire,” said Phoenix coach Louie Alas. “Sabi niya, ‘coach I’m not included in that import-laden team because last year I was here but I was injured. I’ll make it sure that we will win today,” Alas added. And win they did. Phelps delivered 24 points and plucked 19 rebounds to lead the Fuel Masters. Calvin Abueva and Matthew Wright added 16 markers each while Jason Perkins has 13 for Phoenix. The Fuel Masters dropped 53 points in the middle quarters to take an 11-point lead heading into the payoff period after trailing 21-22 after the first 12 minutes. Phoenix broke the game wide-open, 91-72, with 5:49 left and held on to hand Meralco its third loss in four outings. Chris Newsome led the Bolts with 18 points while Allen Durham posted 16 markers, pulled down 13 rebounds and dished out nine assists for the Bolts.   The scores:  Phoenix 96 - Phelps 24, Abueva 16, Wright 16, Perkins 13, Chua 9, Revilla 8, Intal 6, Jazul 4, Wilson 0, Mendoza 0. Meralco 86 - Newsome 18, Durham 16, Lanete 11, Hugnatan 10, Jamito 8, Caram 7, Salva 6, Amer 5, Sedurifa 3, Hodge 2, Canaleta 0, Atkins 0, Faundo 0. Quarters: 21-22, 47-42, 74-63, 96-86.     .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated News18 hr. 30 min. ago

Phoenix continues winning ways, deals skidding Meralco another loss

Phoenix picked up where it left off, repulsing struggling Meralco, 96-86, at the resumption of the PBA Governors' Cup Wednesday night at Smart Araneta Coliseum. Eugene Phelps showed the way for the Fuel Masters, who climbed to 4-1, with 24 points and 19 rebounds. Calvin Abueva added 16 points and eight rebounds while Matthew Wright came off the bench and also scored 16 on 4-of-4 shooting from long range. The Bolts' struggles continued as they suffered their third loss in four games. Chris Newsome had 18 points on 18 shots while Allen Durham was held to just 16 points and 13 rebounds for Meralco....Keep on reading: Phoenix continues winning ways, deals skidding Meralco another loss.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News21 hr. 56 min. ago

Journeyman Lee Gwan Hee says PBA stint helped his career

MACAU---Lee Gwan Hee has been a journeyman when it comes to his basketball career. It's not that he bounced around teams while playing for limited minutes, but he did play not just in his native Korean Basketball League but also in the PBA and the B.League. Lee, though, is back with his old team in Seoul and he was instrumental in the Samsung Thunders' 85-73 dismantling of Shandong in the Asia League The Terrific 12. Seoul, with great help from Lee, advanced to the semifinals of the pocket tournament held here in Macau and will face Guangzhou in the penultimate round. Lee, though, credited his stint in the Philippines as a major help in his development as a basketball pla...Keep on reading: Journeyman Lee Gwan Hee says PBA stint helped his career.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News21 hr. 56 min. ago

GenSan, Basilan upset Bulacan, Manda in MPBL

It was a night of upsets in the 2018 Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League Anta-Datu Cup last Tuesday as General Santos and Basilan, two teams from Mindanao, pulled off shocking victories over fancied rivals to boost their playoff aspirations. The Gen San Warriors overcame a sloppy first half with a more solid effort in the next 20 minutes to turn back the Bulacan Kuyas in a low-scoring game, 56-43, at the JRU Gym in Mandaluyong. Held to an all-time low 12 points at the half, the Warriors worked double time on the defensive end and limited the Kuyas to only 20 points in the second half. With their defense starting to work wonders, the Warriors then unloaded 24 more points than their rivals’ total second half production to pull off a come from behind victory.  It was the third straight win by Gen San which has now forged a four-way tie for the fourth to seventh spots along with Zamboanga, Bacoor, and Laguna in the Southern Division, all of them carrying 4-4 win-loss slates. Delmar Mahaling finished with 15 points while Marlon Basco chipped in 11 for the Warriors, who held the Kuyas to 43 points, the lowest produced by any team in a game. In playing their worst game ever, the Kuyas absorbed their third loss in nine games. Basilan completed the night of upsets with a stunning 70-68 against of Mandaluyong which lost a game playing in front of its hometown crowd for the first time in the tournament. The Steel came out to spoil the home party as Clark Bautista and Dexter Garcia combined forces in the fourth quarter. It was the fourth win in nine games for the Steel who also dealt the El Tigre their second loss in eight matches......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsSep 19th, 2018

Sam Concepcion confirms breakup with Kiana Valenciano

Sam Concepcion confirmed his current "single" status after breaking up with Kiana Valenciano. Concepcion confirmed the breakup during a media conference held for his upcoming movie "Para sa Broken Hearted (For the Broken Hearted)," according to a report by Push. For the time being, the actor chose not to divulge the details and simply focus on the good things happening to his career lately. Reporters asked for the exact date he and Valenciano broke up, but Concepcion said, "Ayaw ko nang bigyan ng timeline ( I don't want to give it a timeline)." Concepcion and Valenciano first admitted to having a special relationship in February 2017 during an interview on "Gandang Gabi Vice...Keep on reading: Sam Concepcion confirms breakup with Kiana Valenciano.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 19th, 2018