Advertisements


30 infra projects to start this year

Thirty flagship infrastructure projects worth a total of P1.04 trillion under the ambitious 'Build, Build, Build' program will start implementation this year and are seen creating up to 8.....»»

Category: newsSource: philippinetimes philippinetimesJun 20th, 2018

Flagship infra projects set to start construction

TEN flagship infrastructure projects worth more than P59 billion will move into the construction stage this year, Finance department data showed. The biggest is the P35.257-billion Mindanao Rail Project (Phase 1)-Tagum Davao Digos Segment, which involves the construction of 102-kilometer, non-electrified, single-track rail running through Digos, Davao City and Tagum in Region XI. The project [...] The post Flagship infra projects set to start construction appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 21st, 2018

30 infra projects to start this year

Thirty flagship infrastructure projects worth a total of P1.04 trillion under the ambitious 'Build, Build, Build' program will start implementation this year and are seen creating up to 8.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJun 20th, 2018

Massive infra projects start rolling this year – DOF

MANILA, Philippines — The Duterte administration’s massive infrastructure program is expected to be in full swing this year following the implementation of t.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 31st, 2018

DPWH: Multi-Billion Peso Infra Projects Set to Start This Year

DPWH: Multi-Billion Peso Infra Projects Set to Start This Year.....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsApr 19th, 2017

MPIC unit to start raising P30-B for two big infra projects

A Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC) unit is looking to raise a combined amount of P30 billion starting this year in order to fund two big infrastructure projects— the P35.42-billion Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX) and P27.9-billion Cebu-Cordo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 6th, 2016

‘Prioritize infra projects amid deficits’

THE government must prioritize which infrastructure projects could bring more proceeds to the economy amid widening “twin deficits,” a Maybank economist said on Tuesday. During a year-end executive briefing hosted...READ MORE The post ‘Prioritize infra projects amid deficits’ appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 6th, 2018

Cebu spends over P200-M on infra projects

THE CEBU PROVINCIAL Capitol said it has spent more than P200 million this year for infrastructure projects, inclduing water facilities […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsOct 28th, 2018

8-mo trade gap hits $26B

The local economy continued to earn fewer dollars than it spent in August, thanks to strong imports of capital equipment and oil, while the weaker peso failed to make Philippine exports more competitive in the international market.   The total trade gap for the first eight months of 2018 now stands at $26 billion, substantially larger than the $15.7-billion deficit recorded in the same period last year, according to data released on Wednesday by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).   As a result, the peso "may continue to depreciate in the medium term as the widening trade deficit is expected to continue as big-ticket infra projects kick in by next year," Bank...Keep on reading: 8-mo trade gap hits $26B.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 10th, 2018

Brace for worse traffic congestion as more infra works start

MOTORISTS AND commuters should expect even heavier traffic in the coming days with road closures in several parts of congested Metro Manila for infrastructure projects that started over the weekend, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said. The U-Turn slot in Commonwealth Avenue was closed last Oct. 5 to give way to the construction of… link: Brace for worse traffic congestion as more infra works start.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsOct 7th, 2018

DPWH directs all contractors to finish all infra projects this year

BORONGAN CITY, October 2 (PIA) -- District Engineer Manolo A. Rojas of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) - Eastern Samar District Engineering Office (ESDEO) directed all contractor.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsOct 2nd, 2018

S& P: Policy shifts after 2019 polls may affect Philippine infra development

Policy actions influenced by elections and political shifts can create “greater uncertainties” for infrastructure projects in Southeast Asia, according to S&P Global Ratings, which also expects the region’s infrastructure development to “slow down” over the next year......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 20th, 2018

Gov’t lines up priority infrastructure for 2019

THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION has lined up the start of P36.23 billion worth of large-scale flood control, road and railway projects next year, which marks the midterm of President Rodrigo R. Duterte. The post Gov’t lines up priority infrastructure for 2019 appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsAug 28th, 2018

SBMA starts bidding out projects under P10.2-B infra program

SUBIC BAY FREEPORT ZONE - The Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority is bidding out six projects under a state-funded P10.2-billion six-year infrastructure development program and are set for completion.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsAug 24th, 2018

ARMM gets most number of infra projects under 5-year program

The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao will host the biggest number of infrastructure projects to be built in the next five years, although their combined value is loer than those in more develop.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 27th, 2018

PRDP gets P9B for infra projects

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/25 July) – The Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) received a fresh funding for infrastructure projects worth P9.068 billion from the World Bank approved last May this year, an official said. Engr. Danilo Alesna, deputy project director PRDP-Mindanao, said in an interview on Wednesday they have yet to determine what infrastructure projects would […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJul 25th, 2018

PFF President Nonong Araneta reveals exciting times ahead for Philippine football

Mariano “Nonong” Araneta is pumped up for Philippine football, and it's easy to see why. The Philippine Football Federation president has divulged exciting details of the federation's plans to develop the national training center in the San Lazaro Leisure Park in Carmona, Cavite. Plus the Azkals are also getting ready for a busy few months ahead. Araneta is keen on ramping up the federation's partnership with the Manila Jockey Club in SLLP, where the FIFA Artificial Turf Pitch is situated. Already a training ground for youth national teams and club sides, Araneta says that lighting towers will soon be installed that will permit nighttime play. “We are just waiting for AFC because the lights will be bidded out,” Explains Araneta. “Hopefully they will be installed by the end of the year.” The lights will feature an intensity of 900 lux, more than the accepted 800 lux minimum for televised matches. The lights will complement the hundreds of new seats that have already been put in place around the pitch. But that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what the PFF has planned for Carmona. “We have spoken to Manila Jockey Club about transferring our headquarters there,” says Araneta. “We are ready to start the bidding and construction.” The PFF is planning to purchase a 3000 sqm parcel of land within the San Lazaro Leisure Park and build a complex with dormitories, classrooms for coaching and referee courses, and a gym. “The funds are ready, initially we will be getting US$1.5 Million from FIFA,” says Araneta, who says the federation will be selling their current building in Pasig to help fund the move. But Araneta says that another option is available, to buy a different 2000 sqm plot of land beside the artificial pitch that is separate from the 3000 sqm parcel. There a grandstand could be constructed, transforming the pitch into a stadium. The headquarters could then be situated under the seating while the other site houses the dorms, classrooms, and gym. More fields are also in the pipeline in the training center. Araneta says that two artificial turf mini-pitches measuring 40 by 20 meters will be made right beside the main pitch. These will also be lighted and can accommodate recreational play and festival competitions. Incredibly, there will be yet another pitch in the training center, a natural grass regulation field within the Manila Jockey Club's racetrack. “That is for our national teams so that if they are set to play on grass, they can train there,” explains Araneta. The middle of the racetrack already has a grass area where football is played. Manila Jockey Club and PFF have yet to decide if the new grass pitch will be a brand new one or if the current surface will be improved. “We want our activities to be there,” declares Araneta. “We have already had coaching seminars there. Schools can also use our facilities. The pitch is there to be used not to be seen,” he adds with a chuckle. Araneta is a former national team player himself and is also optimistic about the near future with the Azkals. The squad is facing two big tournaments in the coming months: the AFF Suzuki Cup in November and December and their maiden appearance in the AFC Asian Cup in January 2019. Araneta says the Azkals will travel to Bahrain during the September FIFA window to play a Bahraini club side, likely on Sept 7, before tangling with the Bahrain national team on September 11. There will also be a FIFA window in October, and Araneta says the Filipinos can enjoy at least one friendly at home. Araneta hopes that Rizal Memorial will still be available before it gets spruced up in preparation for the country's hosting of the 2019 SEA Games. “Our fans will get to watch our new team,” said the president with evident pride. Crunch time begins in November, with the Azkals in a five-team round-robin group with a new home-and-away format. The Philippines will host Singapore in Bacolod's Panaad Stadium on November 13 before playing either Brunei or Timor Leste away four days later. The two ASEAN minnows will square off in a two-legged qualifying series in September to to determine who makes the group stage. On November 21 the Azkals entertain Thailand in Panaad in what promises to be a mouthwatering contest, before closing their group stage against Indonesia, probably in Jakarta, on November 25. The semis will run from December 1 to 6, with the two-legged finals being held on the 11th and 15th. After a quick Christmas break the team jets off to the Middle East on December 26, where final preparations for the Asian Cup will commence in earnest. There are plans to play in Qatar against either a club team or their national side, and then perhaps a game in Kuwait before the team goes to the United Arab Emirates. The group schedule is as follows: January 7 against Korea Republic in Dubai, January 11 versus China in Abu Dhabi, then January 16 against Kyrgyzstan in Dubai. The top two will advance to the knockout round, but the Philippines can also sneak through as one of the better third-placers. But the senior national team isn't the only competition Pinoy football fans can focus on this year. The boys U15 national team were in action while the U16 girls play in an AFC competition. The U19 men also played in the AFF U19 Championship, where they beat Singapore 2-1. The senior ladies team also notched a win against the Lion City in their AFF tournament. Araneta says the very successful PFF Women's League from last year will be run again, and that the PFF also plans a youth league. Both will be partly funded by FIFA. Of course the Philippines Football League will continue, with a League and Cup phase. The realization of these plans will be one of the achievements of Araneta's presidency. Another will be his membership in the 33-person FIFA Council, which acts as a board of directors of the organization. Araneta was recently in Russia to watch the 2018 FIFA World Cup along with other council members. Araneta is one of six Asians in the FIFA Council, alongside members from China, Malaysia, Korea Republic, Bahrain, and Bangladesh. He is the first Filipino to serve in this level of leadership in FIFA. The Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo native freely explains the benefit the country can enjoy from this connection. According to Araneta “we have firsthand information on funding, and the Philippines is part of the body that will decide on what's best for football.” He says that in the next cycle of FIFA funding he might be able to acquire an additional US$ 2 million for the development of the training center. The PFF President also enjoys the inside track when it comes to acquiring development funds from the Asian Football Confederation, since he also serves as the Chairman of the AFC Finance Committee. “All budgets pass through us. We know the funding, the revenues. We know when to ask for projects. Like the lights in Carmona, that was approved by the AFC development committee,” continues Araneta. But being part of the FIFA Council is not all glitz and glamor, confesses Araneta. He mentioned a recent Council meeting in Bogota, Colombia, that necessitated an arduous 33-hour trip through Europe for a stay that lasted just two days. Sometimes deliberations in FIFA meetings can stretch for as long as six hours. Immediately after the Bogota confab he jetted off to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, for another meeting. “It's no joke,” says Araneta, who is 64 years old. But the former striker and defender has no complaints and reveals his motivation to keep on going at the job. “I went to the Youth Football League. I visited the Allianz National Youth Futsal Invitational. You see the kids playing there, you see kids play everywhere. The enthusiasm of the players is what keeps me going.” - RELEASE.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 18th, 2018

Infra Projects, Free Tuition Mark PRRD’s 2nd Year in Office

Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go on Saturday welcomed the significant progress made in efforts to provide Filipinos with a more comfortable life, as his boss, President Rodrigo Duterte, marks his second year in office. “We have seen numerous infra and economic development projects, laws signed and implemented and social welfare, health […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2018

P17.9-M expansion and rehab of Kalibo Airport to start July 2

The P17.9-million expansion and rehabilitation of the Kalibo International Airport (KIA) terminal building will begin this Monday, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP). “The traffic and passenger movement cutback due to the ongoing Boracay Island closure from April until October this year will significantly allow several projects to be put into… link: P17.9-M expansion and rehab of Kalibo Airport to start July 2.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJul 1st, 2018

Duterte gains in 2 years as president cited

SPECIAL Assistant to the President Bong Go lauded President Rodrigo Duterte for his administration’s accomplishments as he marked his second year in office. “We have seen numerous infra and economic development projects, laws signed and implemented and social welfare, health and education programs put into place in the last two….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJul 1st, 2018

Heavier traffic in July in Metro as road construction, repairs start

EXPECT heavy traffic in the second half of the year as simultaneous road constructions and repairs works will begin in parts of the metropolis, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) warned the public on Friday. Among these projects are the North Luzon Expressway Drainage Enhancement Project along A. Bonifacio Road beginning July 1; construction of an elevated [...] The post Heavier traffic in July in Metro as road construction, repairs start appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsJun 29th, 2018