Advertisements


‘BOKSING SA KONSEHO’: Councilor apologizes, claims he was bullied

BACOLOD City – Bacolod City Councilor Claudio Jesus “Kalaw” Puentevella apologized to the public after he punched his fellow councilor Dindo Ramos inside the session hall on Sept 12, 2018. Puentevella issued the public apology on Sept 14 during a press conference held at their house in Villamonte village here. Puentevella punched Ramos’ face following […] The post ‘BOKSING SA KONSEHO’: Councilor apologizes, claims he was bullied appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource: thedailyguardian thedailyguardianSep 14th, 2018

Negros councilor apologizes for punching colleague

Councilor Claudio Puentevella of this city has apologized for punching his colleague during a council session on Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 15th, 2018

High school apologizes 2 years after student committed suicide due to bullying

The school principal of a city-run junior high school and an official of the Aomori city board of education in Japan apologized in person on Aug. 2 to the father of a bullied 13-year-old student, who committed suicide two years ago. Namioka Junior High School apologized for Rima Kasai's death in 2016, after thefinal report by the city's bullying prevention council concluded that Kasai's suicide was brought about by the bullying she experienced from her classmates, reportedAsahi Shimbun last Friday, Aug. 3. The apology was made not long after the council forwarded the report to the board. The final report discovered that Kasai was bullied by her classmates in person. About 20 in...Keep on reading: High school apologizes 2 years after student committed suicide due to bullying.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 5th, 2018

Ghost councilor

MAY dahilan na naman para matakot ang mga residente ng isang sikat na lungsod sa Metro Manila kapag malaman nila na may ‘multo’ sa kanilang city council. Ayon sa ating mapapagkatiwalaang source, may isang ‘ghost councilor’ ang naturang lungsod ngunit mahigpit itong inililihim ng mga miyembro ng konseho lalo pa’t….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 29th, 2018

Estee Lauder CEO Freda apologizes for product testing fiasco

Estee Lauder Cos. Chief Executive Officer Fabrizio Freda apologized for false ad claims on certain cosmetics and said a comprehensive review is under way. “We recently learned that some testing related to certain products advertising claims had been intentionally altered for some time by a small group of employees,” Freda said Wednesday on a conference […] The post Estee Lauder CEO Freda apologizes for product testing fiasco appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 6th, 2018

Hollywood mogul Weinstein apologizes after sex harassment claims

Hollywood mogul Weinstein apologizes after sex harassment claims.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 6th, 2017

Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein apologizes after sexual harassment claims

Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein apologizes after sexual harassment claims.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 6th, 2017

Zamboanga City councilor apologizes for disrespecting flag

Zamboanga City councilor apologizes for disrespecting flag.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 18th, 2016

Mindanawons find Enrile’s claim of no massacres under martial law “fiction,” “delusional” “:

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 23 September) —  Mindanao suffered so many massacres and other human rights violations in the run-up to and during martial law under Ferdinand Edralin Marcos but the 94-year old Defense Minister of the Marcos dictatorship — Juan Ponce Enrile — now claims no massacre ever happened, not even the Jabidah Massacre […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated News6 hr. 0 min. ago

Itogon: When the land of promise buried its people

AT A GLANCE The Itogon landslide site is controlled by the oldest mining company in the Philippines, Benguet Corporation. According to local officials, it failed to prevent miners from living atop land that was vulnerable to landslides. The company claims it never allowed anyone to take over its ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News11 hr. 14 min. ago

Statements: On the Office of the Solicitor General’s response to the City Government

Tongtongan ti Umili – Cordillera Peoples Alliance welcomes the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG)’s answer to a petition filed by the City Government of Baguio that brands their claims to prevent the city’s indigenous people’s mandatory representative (IPMR) to assume office as “self-serving, gratuitous, and unwarranted conclusions of law.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  nordisRelated News12 hr. 0 min. ago

Singer Lamjarred case reopens Morocco violence against women debate

Still adored at home despite three separate rape charges in France, Moroccan pop star Saad Lamjarred's latest arrest has reignited a debate on violence against women in the North African kingdom. Following similar accusations in October 2016 and April 2017, Lamjarred was re-arrested last week in southern France on charges he had raped a woman in a Riviera hotel. The superstar's detention comes just days after Morocco was rocked by claims from a teenage girl, Khadija Okkarou, that she had been kidnapped and gang-raped by a group of men from her village. Lamjarred's detention has sparked a social media campaign seeking to ban his songs from Morocco's airwaves using the has...Keep on reading: Singer Lamjarred case reopens Morocco violence against women debate.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 0 min. ago

30 Teams in 30 Days: Jazz on upswing after postseason run

By Shaun Powell, NBA.com What offseason? That's a question many fans ask as the flurry of trades, free agent news and player movement seems to never stop during the summer. Since the Golden State Warriors claimed their third title in four years back on June 8 (June 9, PHL time), NBA teams have undergone a massive number of changes as they prepare for the season ahead. With the opening of training camps just around the corner, NBA.com's Shaun Powell will evaluate the state of each franchise as it sits today -- from the team with the worst regular-season record in 2017-18 to the team with the best regular-season record -- as we look at 30 teams in 30 days. * * * Today's Team: Utah Jazz 2017-18 Record: 48-34, lost in Western Conference semifinals to Houston Rockets Who's new: Grayson Allen (Draft) Who's gone: Jonas Jerebko, David Stockton The lowdown: Left woozy by the summer departure of free agent and franchise star Gordon Hayward, the Jazz gave the ball to a rookie and pulled a surprise by nearly winning 50 games and bouncing Oklahoma City Thunder from the playoffs. Their season was made more remarkable considering center Rudy Gobert played only 56 games because of knee issues. But Donovan Mitchell (20.5 points per game) was an unexpected savior and far better than anyone imagined. He won over his teammates and coach Quin Snyder quickly, then earned respect around the league for taking charge and also bailing out Utah in a number of close games, both rare for a rookie. Mitchell finished as the Kia Rookie of the Year runner-up. Snyder made good use of the rotation and found functional roles for most and the Jazz used Mitchell and defense to flourish. By the playoffs, Mitchell was arguably the best player on a floor that featured former Kia MVP Russell Westbrook and Paul George, and the Jazz entered the offseason feeling confident about the future. In 2016, the young Portland Trail Blazers made the playoffs, stunning the LA Clippers in the first round before giving the Golden State Warriors a feisty series in the semis. Encouraged by the bounce and swagger showed by an emerging club, the Blazers handed out contract extensions and … they haven’t done anything special since. In hindsight, every one of those extensions looks like a mistake. The lesson: Fool’s gold can sometimes, um, fool you. Are the Jazz headed down that path? The situations aren’t exactly the same, yet similar to a degree. Instead of going outside to make a few cosmetic changes to the rotation, Utah was mostly content to keep free agents Dante Exum and Derrick Favors, giving each contracts that were somewhat generous in a soft market that worked against most players. Exum signed for three years and a reported $33 million, or roughly the going rate for a backup point guard. But Exum’s run in Utah has been interrupted by injury and, even when healthy, his play was inconsistent. He perhaps earned the benefit of the doubt in the playoffs when he stepped in for an injured Ricky Rubio and had moments of solid play. Evidently, the Jazz feel Exum’s better days are just ahead. He’s only 23 and after investing so much time in him, Utah wasn’t ready to cut him loose. He brings great size (6-foot-6), is energetic, and point guard isn’t a Jazz strength. If nothing else, Exum gives Utah a sense of security. Favors is richer after signing a reported two-year, $36 million extension as no other team was willing to beat that price for him. The last two seasons weren’t exactly robust for Favors, who battled through injuries, sporadic play and found himself benched because of mismatches in today’s stretch-happy NBA. Favors has worked to develop more of a 3-point shot, but his lack of perimeter shooting was exploited by Houston in the playoffs. But as the case with Exum, the Jazz have years of player-development invested in Favors. As Utah’s longest-tenured player, Favors is a solid defender next to Gobert and the Jazz outscored their opponents by 7.2 points per 100 possessions with the two bigs on the floor together. And even though he’s seemingly been around Utah forever, Favors is just 27 years old. The decisions by the Jazz to maintain the status quo isn’t unusual with this franchise, which has long prided itself on stability and player development. Strangely enough, Mitchell claims to love life in the Wasatch Mountains -- something to remember when and if he ever reaches free agency (unlikely, since the Jazz will surely break the bank for him). Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey moved up to take Mitchell in the 2017 Draft and has a knack for finding talent in places where few others search. He has had a solid track record in the Draft and with the 21st pick took Allen. A year ago, the Duke shooter considered entering the draft, but got mild feedback from NBA types. Allen brings 3-point range to a team that ranked 13th in 3-pointers made and attempted last season. Unless he makes an impact right away, Allen will be in the back end of a rotation that showcases Joe Ingles for distance shooting. The trick for Utah is to match or surpass last season’s effort while catching no one by surprise this time. And the Jazz must do that with virtually the same cast as before. Veteran NBA writer Shaun Powell has worked for newspapers and other publications for more than 25 years. You can e-mail him here or follow him on Twitter. The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated News22 hr. 1 min. ago

Cholera outbreak in Nigeria claims nearly 100 lives

LAGOS, Nigeria – A cholera outbreak in north-eastern Nigeria has claimed nearly 100 lives over the past two weeks, the United Nations said on Saturday, September 22. More than 3,000 cholera cases have been recorded in the states of Yobe and Borno in a region that is also grappling with a ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2018

Jane Fonda, her life and men star in a revealing documentary

LOS ANGELES --- As beguiling and powerful as Jane Fonda is onscreen, she has yet to play a role that's a match for her whiplash-inducing life of artistry, celebrity and polarizing activism. Then there's the personal drama, including serial marriages to three very different husbands with their own claims to fame. When the 80-year-old Fonda decided to participate in a documentary about her --- "Why not? I don't know how much longer I'm gonna live" --- it was with award-winning filmmaker Susan Lacy, who made an intriguing choice: using the men in Fonda's life as the organizing principle for "Jane Fonda in Five Acts." The film, debuting from 8 to 10:15 p.m. Monday EDT on HBO, devot...Keep on reading: Jane Fonda, her life and men star in a revealing documentary.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2018

Enrile’s claims about Martial Law ‘revolting, insanely disgusting’ – lawmakers

MANILA, Philippines – Opposition lawmakers slammed Juan Ponce Enrile for bending the truth on Martial Law, of which he is the architect and implementer as ex-defense minister of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos.  Akbayan Representative Tom Villarin said that Enrile’s one-on-one interview with the strongman’s only son and ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 21st, 2018

WADA lifts Russia’s ban

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) lifted a ban on Russia’s anti-doping agency, paving the way for Russian athletes to return to competition but also sparking claims of “treachery” and “dark shadows” cast over the fight against drugs in sport. “Today, the great majority of WADA’s Executive Committee decided to reinstate RUSADA as compliant with the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 21st, 2018

LIST: False claims of Juan Ponce Enrile on Martial Law

MANILA, Philippines – Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr publicized the first episode of his one-on-one video interview with Juan Ponce Enrile on Thursday, September 20, the eve of the 46th anniversary of the declaration of Martial Law. Bongbong, the only son and namesake of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, sat on ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 21st, 2018

Aquino slams Enrile, Bongbong over martial law claims

      Former President Benigno Aquino III on Friday slammed the claims of former Senators Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. and Juan Ponce Enrile about martial law during the rule of the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos Sr.   Aquino stressed that there is a law that provides compensation and reparation for victims of human rights abuses to belie Enrile's claim that there was no massacre or arrests of Marcos critics during martial law.   "Merong batas na Human Rights Compensation bill na binabayad doon sa lahat ng mga biktima ng human rights abuses noong panahon ng batas militar," Aquino told reporters in an interview after attending a mass c...Keep on reading: Aquino slams Enrile, Bongbong over martial law claims.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 21st, 2018

‘How can I win against the media people?’

“It’s not opinion polls that determine the outcome of elections, it’s votes in ballot boxes.” – Nicola Sturgeon NEW YORK City – An Ilonggo architect who lost five times in as many attempts in the race for city councilor once ribbed members of the Fourth Estate in Iloilo City in the Philippines “for not doing […] The post ‘How can I win against the media people?’ appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsSep 20th, 2018

‘Rising commitment fees not under our watch’

The Department of Transportation (DoTr) on Thursday dismissed claims that its alleged inaction on particular projects and programs cost the government P299.75 million in accumulated commitment fees last year. Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade categorically denied the accumulated fees happened under his watch. “We would like to state categorically that the delays in implementation, which cost […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 20th, 2018